I loved our beach wedding more than I can express, but ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of my dad walking me down the isle in my big dress and all my family and friends being there. Thus, when we planned the beach wedding, we planned a Utah reception and ring ceremony here also.
I really wanted something outside which is why we waited a month after getting back to actually have the reception. So, as we looked for sites for the wedding last year, a beautiful outside setting was a must. We looked at a few and I liked them ok, but didn't fall in love with any of them. Then I saw the Eldredge Manor website. We went to look at it almost immediately. As soon as I saw it I knew it was where I wanted my reception. We booked it right away!
About a week before the wedding I began looking at the weather. We had such a cold Spring, I was getting a little worried because everything was planned outside. It said it was going to be about 70 degrees, but sunny. I could deal with that. Then as it got closer, it turned to 50's and raining. I was absolutely freaking out...really. My dream garden reception was threatened. I called the reception center 2 days prior to the wedding and asked what the plan was for moving it inside. Steve, the owner told me he was not moving it inside just yet! The weather was showing freezing and rain, I just figured he was crazy. Lance kept saying it would be fine and all work out too, but I think he was just tyring to get me to stop talking about it!
Our rehearsal dinner was Wednesday night and completely rained out. We moved it inside, but it turned out okay. Thursday morning we woke up to cold and rain once again. I figured this was just how it would be and went to the salon with Sarah and my mom to get our hair, makeup and pedis. (Thanks Sarah, you're the best, I had a wonderful time!!)
As I was driving home about 3 hours before the ceremony and talking on the phone about last minute things, then I hung up the phone and suddenly realized....it was clearing up!! I got home and looked out North and sure enough, pure blue skies and sunshine! It was warming up too. I was absolutely ecstatic!! We had even gone to the reception center earlier in the week to figure out what additional flowers and stuff we would need for an indoor event.
By the time we got to the reception center there wasn't a cloud in the sky and it was very warm. The outdoor festivities were on!! I never should have doubted Steve and Lance. Lance said it was all his mom's doing because she's got God's ear. From what I hear about the wonderful woman, that wouldn't surprise me at all. Thanks Kathleen :)
The ceremony was another perfect one. Zach and Kenzie walked Hannah down the isle, Sam was our ring bearer and Annie was the flower girl. I love all the kids and how much they added to the ceremony! I then got my wish of my dad walking me down the isle. Dad, you've always been there for me and I am so happy you could be there for me for this. I love you!
Scuba Rick performed this ceremony and it was absolutely beautiful. We got a second chance at our vows and although I thought I did a ton better, yep, there were still tears!
After the ceremony we had a toast from the Maid of Honor (Sarah) and the Best Man (Rick). They both did a great job and Sarah even threw a quote in from the Carl. Very impressive!! We had pink champagne to keep with my pink color scheme. It was great!
We then took pictures and almost immediately after getting done, the guests began arriving. I cannot begin to express my thanks to all the wonderful friends and family we had come to support us. And, the weather was perfect the entire night :)
At the end of the night we were walking out to what I thought was the truck, but Lance took my hand and lead me to a huge, white, stretch limo! What a surprise! We got inside and enjoyed the wonderful ride. When we stopped I didn't know where we were. The limo driver lead us to the door of the Armstrong Mansion. Lance had planned everything to surprise me. He's so stinkin' cute, I just LOVE surprises!
As a side note, when we were ready to cut the cake, Rick and Ray were nowhere to be found. Lance called them and then said they had gone to dinner. I was a bit bugged that they would just leave our reception to get dinner when we were serving dinner there! But, we cut the cake and I didn't think too much more about it. They were back in time for the dancing. Well, when we open the door to our room at the Armstrong mansion, there were pink rose petals all over the floor, on the spiral staircase, in the warm tub which was waiting for us at the top of those stairs and a big heart made of petals on the bed. There were also bride and groom bears, a card and a pink rose. It seriously made me cry! Turns out, this was really where Rick and Ray were! Boy did I feel dumb :P
So, both of my weddings were absolutely perfect. I would not have changed a thing. I have to thank my entire family and Lance's family for all their help, love and support through it all. I couldn't and wouldn't have wanted to do it without them all there! Each one played a special part and I will treasure those memories forever. I also have to thank Rick and Stacy. Wow, I feel like you guys have done so much for us in such a short time. We love ya though and you're stuck with us for a very long time!
And last, thanks to my wonderful husband. He wanted me to have my dream reception after my dream wedding and did everything he could to make me happy and everything perfect. He did an outstanding job too! I love you babe! Here's to a very happy forever together!
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment