Stacy and Rick invited us to go to Lake Mead with them over Memorial Day weekend. We drove down with them and Lisa's daughter Randi. On the way we met up with Debbie, Richard and their son Nick. Everyone was really cool. We got to the lake on Thursday night and spent the night in the slip with Brian, a friend of theirs from Vegas. The next morning we headed out to the beach. It was a bit on the chilly side, but we still had a great time.
The one downside was that it rained a bit which makes things very slippery. Stacy and I were getting off the front of Brian's boat to take a ride in the speed boat when I slipped on the wet slope and ran my toes right into the anchor box. Why must I injure my already fragile toes?! We still got on the boat and I acted I like I was just fine. That is until I began feeling like I was going to pass out and my toes were bleeding everywhere. We went back to Rick and Stacy's boat and they got out the first aid kit and fixed me up. I couldn't walk on it the rest of the trip and it hurt like a....anyway, it sucked.
The last day there I really wanted to get in the water with Tom and Susan's (friends of Rick and Stacy's from the Lake) grandkids. Lance was jumping off the house boat with them and I wanted to too. So, we taped up the toes really well again, then put a dive boot on to protect them. I looked like a fool in my bikini and dive boot, but it was well worth it. After that, the kids begged me to go on the tube with them. It was a 3 person tube and Lance wasn't about to go so I just couldn't let them down (and I really wanted to go!!). So, we jumped in the tube and Tom and Lance took us on a pretty wild ride. We were lauging and bouncing all over the place. Madison and I could have stayed out there forever, but Skyler was done after about 20 minutes. At the very end we all went to the front and made it sink so we'd fall off. What a blast!
We came home on Monday afternoon although I am still feeling like we are on the boat! It was a great long weekend though and it was so fun to hang out with Rick, Stacy and all their fun friends! Thanks for inviting us, I promise next time I won't break any toes :)
Monday, June 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment