I am pretty sure it really was the perfect weekend!
First, we both got to work from home on Friday which was so nice. We were both extremely busy, but it's nice to be busy together and we were able to sneak to the gym together during lunch. On Friday night we went to my mom's for Birthday dinner. We celebrated for Hannah's, Annie's and Sarah's. Although Sarah didn't get a cake and her name wasn't really included in the song...hmmmmm. Anyway, it was fun to see the little munchkins and we had a wonderful meal!
First, we both got to work from home on Friday which was so nice. We were both extremely busy, but it's nice to be busy together and we were able to sneak to the gym together during lunch. On Friday night we went to my mom's for Birthday dinner. We celebrated for Hannah's, Annie's and Sarah's. Although Sarah didn't get a cake and her name wasn't really included in the song...hmmmmm. Anyway, it was fun to see the little munchkins and we had a wonderful meal!
Annie's new doo
Hannah's new wagon from G-Claude
Buddies
Annie in a tutu...
Ryan in a tutu...I think they both look stinkin' cute!
This was the crib I played with when I was a little kid. I remember getting it for Christmas one year. I cannot believe it lasted this long!
Saturday morning we woke up and Lance went to deliver Valentine's to the kids while I ran to get Karen a birthday present. Lance told me he wanted to go to the gym at 11:00 so to make sure I was home. I got home a bit before he did and when he came home he stayed outside to finish shoveling the snow. Then the doorbell rang. I opened the door and there were two stuffed animals (one that sings!), a card, a latte, a great harvest sugar cookie in the shape of a heart and a wrapped gift with a bow! (I have to have ribbon on all my gifts when I wrap them and have more rolls of the Costco ribbon than I'd like to admit. He thinks it's silly so the fact that he put a ribbon on it was so cute. He was pretty proud of himself too :)) I picked everything up, then Lance came around the side of the house to say Happy Valentine's. I was looking at everything and noticed a certificate on one of the stuffed animals. I took a closer look and it was for a 90 minute couples massage. I was very excited, but even more excited when Lance said it was for 1:15 that day. Wahoo! So, we went to the gym to get sore, then to lunch, then the massage.
Before the massage they sent us to our own private relaxation room. There was a warm fire, candles, chocolate dipped strawberries, strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar, water and hot tea.

The massage was basically heaven. The one we got on the boat was nice, but they hurt us! It felt good after, but during was a bit painful. Who knew I had so many knots in my neck. Oh wait, I did. Anyway, this one was very different and so relaxing. The 90 minutes was great. It really gave them time to focus on everything.
After the massage, I was in charge of planning the evening activity. I chose to go to Christopher's Steak House for dinner and had to make a reservation almost a month ago! We got dressed up and went downtown. The restaurant was crowded, but didn't feel like it and wasn't too loud. And, the food was outstanding. Lance had never been there before and I had only been with work. We'll definitely be back!
When we got home, Lance got to open his gift which was Uggs!! I love my Uggs so much and they keep me so warm that I thought he should share in my Ugg joy :)
The next morning, Lance brought me breakfast in bed. Homemade sweet potato pancakes. It was a new recipe he tried and they were really good! Then we went to the gym together again and then went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic!!! I was so excited to see this movie! I've read all the books and loved them. Biff and I talked about going to the midnight show on Thursday, but I am not a state employee so I have to work on Fridays! Anyway, the movie was awesome and even Lance enjoyed it. I can't wait to see it again :)
So there you have it...a perfect weekend!
Before the massage they sent us to our own private relaxation room. There was a warm fire, candles, chocolate dipped strawberries, strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar, water and hot tea.

The massage was basically heaven. The one we got on the boat was nice, but they hurt us! It felt good after, but during was a bit painful. Who knew I had so many knots in my neck. Oh wait, I did. Anyway, this one was very different and so relaxing. The 90 minutes was great. It really gave them time to focus on everything.
After the massage, I was in charge of planning the evening activity. I chose to go to Christopher's Steak House for dinner and had to make a reservation almost a month ago! We got dressed up and went downtown. The restaurant was crowded, but didn't feel like it and wasn't too loud. And, the food was outstanding. Lance had never been there before and I had only been with work. We'll definitely be back!
When we got home, Lance got to open his gift which was Uggs!! I love my Uggs so much and they keep me so warm that I thought he should share in my Ugg joy :)The next morning, Lance brought me breakfast in bed. Homemade sweet potato pancakes. It was a new recipe he tried and they were really good! Then we went to the gym together again and then went to see Confessions of a Shopaholic!!! I was so excited to see this movie! I've read all the books and loved them. Biff and I talked about going to the midnight show on Thursday, but I am not a state employee so I have to work on Fridays! Anyway, the movie was awesome and even Lance enjoyed it. I can't wait to see it again :)
So there you have it...a perfect weekend!






3 comments:
Meg, what a GREAT weekend you had! I have to admit, i am a little jealous of the 90 minute massage! i could use one of those right now!
Wow! I must admit the massage and chocolate covered strawberries make a great combination. How fun is all that! I'm glad you had such a great weekend!
R U kidding me? Where on earth do you find men like that??? HOlY CROW !!! Lance needs to start some sort of business up by teaching men how to spoil their women. My husband honestly doesn't even try anymore, and I am glad he doesn't. Otherwise I would end up with can openers and cuisenarts coming out you know where!!!
Congrats on the perfect weekend!!!
Post a Comment