Friday, July 10, 2009

Another FTF from Sheila!

I love Pineapple and I especially love it grilled in the summer. The problem I have with pineapple is that it's not the easiest to cut. So, Sheila introduced me to the pinepple slicer and it's awesome! (What would I do without Sheila?!) There are 3 plastic cutter things for small, medium and large pineapples. You cut the top off, then put the teeth from the bottom of the slicer and start to turn. You keep turning until you are to the bottom of the pineapple, then you just pull the handle out. It leaves the core in and gives you perfectly spiraled pineapple with no edges...brilliant! Sometimes I buy a pineapple just so I can use this. And, the best part is you can use the hollowed out pineapple as a big cup for a fruity drink!

I will admit, sometimes I use the cookie cutters rather than the pineapple slicer. I have really enjoyed making these fruit boquets lately. This one I took to a wedding reception.
And this one I made for my Dad's and Lance's Father's Day and Birthday celebration.
And Lance helps me so it's even more fun. Awww, tender :P
But back to the point...the pineapple slicer really is the coolest thing ever! They're sold at William's Sanoma so go get one!!

1 comment:

Mindy R said...

Very cool! That looks so yummy!