Friday, April 16, 2010

Halloween- better late than never :)

Lance and I went to New Orleanes for Halloween to visit his friends, Shawn and Vance who love there. Shawne works for Sheraton and hooked us up with this beautiful Suite on the top floor of the building. This was the view from our floor to ceiling windows throughout the entire living room/kitchen area.
This is the view at night
This was the treat she had waiting for us when we arrived. Such a wonderful hostess!
The first morning we walked around the city and were shocked at how warm it was. We hadn't planned for that :)

Dinosaur park on the water We met up with Vance for lunch while Shawn was at work.
Had this awesome cheesecake quiche thing...YUM, and I hate cheesecake.
Stopped at Pat O' Brians. Double Yum!
There were decorated houses and balconies all over the city. It was absolutely amazing!
We found what Jax does when we're not home...I feel like we should be getting royalties.
Lance's brother was really good friends with Josh in this picture who also lives in New Orleanes so we hooked up with him while we were there too. He has not seen him in like 15 years or something like that. It was really fun to meet him and his partner.
Shawne dressed up for work on Friday because Halloween was on Saturday. I was impressed with all the work she put into it!
The gang, minus Josh.Can you tell it was pouring rain?!
On Halloween night we headed out to Bourben Street. Oh wow. That's all I have to say. It was absolutely crazy and so much fun! Lance was Lt. Dangle...he got stopped so many times on the street by people wanting his picture. What can I say, he looks good in shorty shorts ;) (In the background you can see Mrs. Clause (NOT GOOD btw) and Ghostbusters!)
This guy didn't have a costume, but made up for it by the freaking huge lizard on his head! The thing didn't move, just sat there. Too creepy for me.
Another cool balcony.
They even have a parade. Although I honestly don't know how they get anything down the middle of the road, look at all the people!
Freaky costume...
I was a schoolgirl and got a sucker during the parade. It was perfect :) I am with (L to R) Vance and Josh. Yes that is Josh. He makes an amazing black woman!
We went to some of Shawne's friends house and he had his whole courtyard decorated for a party and filled with food, drinks and music. We had a great time there!
Can you hear me now? Loved this!
Yay!!! Strawberry Shortcake and Rainbow Brite. I absolutely loved both of them growing up...well not those girls, but you know ;)Horse cops and the Flinstones. That seems about right!
We had a blast on Bourben Street, met some great friends of Vance and Shawne and loved seeing all the costumes!
The next day we walked along a much more quiet Bourben Street. Thank goodness! I added this pic only because there is a Utah flag hanging just over Vance's shoulder. I thought that was pretty awesome :)
Awww, they are so cute!
Me and Shawne. She looks a little different out of costume, huh?!
Me and my baby...
Our first trip to New Orleanes was absolutely amazing and we can't wait to go back! Thanks to Vance and Shawne for their incredible hospitality!

No comments: