So, we booked and headed down on Friday afternoon. We stopped in St. George for some dinner and then I made Lance find the only Golden Spoon left in Utah (I think). It was well worth the short drive! We then headed straight to Mesquite. After a quick stop at Lee's and Walmart, we were set!
The next day we went to the Eureka for breakfast and a little Monopoly. I love that game, I had to play just a little! We ended up winning about $40, then decided it was time to go to the pool. Tiffany (our gym buddy) and her boyfriend Derrick were already there saving us chairs. It was really too hot to be out of the pool though. We went down the slide, made some drinks and just sat in the water. Lance and I got noodles from Walmart the night before so we just floated and relaxed.
Rick and Stacy were moving Megan (Rick's daughter) into her dorm room at Dixie in the morning, but they got to the pool at about noon. Shortly after Brian, Amy and Alec from Las Vegas were there. We were in the pool and on the slide all day long! It started to get a bit cloudy around 4:30 and we were complete prunes so we decided it was time to go get ready for dinner.
I got in the shower and Lance laid down for a quick nap. I tired to wake him up about 15 minutes before we needed to leave, but he was having none of it! The huge burst of thunder about 30 seconds later did the trick for me though. It was so loud and seriously shook the room! He was right up and I was outside looking at the lightening. Not long after it started pouring rain. We could see sheets of rain and huge puddles were forming everywhere. It ended up being a pretty good storm with a few streets being completely flooded.
He's fakin' it here, but this is basically what I was up against till the thunder did the trick!

We left once it let up a bit and met everyone for dinner at a little Mexican restaurant. The food was okay, but the drinks were no good! We went back to the Casino after and everyone played some black jack. Then Lance and Brian went to the Craps table. Lance wanted to learn how to play and Brian was a good teacher. They both ended up winning quite a bit. Brian did warn Lance that this was not typically how Craps goes!
After the gambling we went to play pool, but there were people already there who were not moving any time soon. So, we went bowling!! Yes, I love bowling! That was the only place I remembered to get my camera out too. Stacy had a bit of trouble with the extremely slick floors past the foul line and fell a couple of times which I wish I would have gotten on camera! We had a really good time and shut the place down. It was a long, but very fun day.







The next morning we went to breakfast with everyone, then packed up and headed home. It was kind of a long drive home, but it was nice to spend the time with Lance. Overall, it was a really fun weekend!






2 comments:
I've been wanting to go to Golden Spoon in St George so bad! I'm jealous! It sounds like you had a wet, but fun time.
Hey there! Thanks for your comments! I'm so glad to get to know you!! I LOVE blogs! It's amazing getting to know family better, even if you haven't ever met! Take care! Can't wait to read more!
:)
PB & J (Priya, Bree & Joe)
Post a Comment