Monday, August 25, 2008

Nascar, baby!

Carl Edward...'s car came to my office!! A couple of weeks ago my receptionist sent an email saying that Carl Edward's NASCAR car would be visiting. Wa-freakin-hoo. So I didn't think it was that cool, but I knew Stacy would be all about it. And, I thought looking at the car would be pretty fun. So I forwarded the email to her and she was excited. We both forgot our cameras on the actual day, but she was able to get Megan's and the people there were taking pictures which they emailed to us.

Me, being the huge NASCAR fan that I am, had no idea that the cars did not have doors. Whose bright idea was that?! Okay, I'm sure it serves some very important purpose and I don't think to watch girls climb in with skirts and heels on is it...although re-thinking that, maybe I am wrong. Anyway, I was clearly not in my "NASCAR apparel" because I was wearing a skirt and could not climb in the window to sit in the car. They did keep telling me I could though, hmmmmm. So, I opted for the picture sitting in the window. They also kept telling me how cool my shoes looked against the car. Again...not NASCAR apparel and seen at the races apparently. Who knew that Steve Madden made his shoes to complement NASCAR colors? Way to go Steve, I think I will buy another pair in honor of your genius. (As if I didn't think Steve Madden was a complete genius anyway!!) Okay, now I think I am off on a shoe tangent, but I do find them much more interesting than NASCAR and this was a particularly cute pair :)


I was amazed at how much Stacy knew about NASCAR. She claims it is just Donnie that likes it, but I think she is a closet NASCAR fan ;) She kept saying something about doing a back flip and got this picture of her pretending she was about to do one. It wasn't until today when I actually read the spec sheet they gave us that says his signature move is a back flip when he wins a race. I think the people there were impressed with her knowledge!



They told me my legs were covering up the #60 so I needed to put them up. The more I think about this now, the more I wonder what their real intent was!!


Thanks Stace for coming and going to the NASCAR event with me! It was way more fun than going to the gym :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome. Brian is a huge nascar fan, and I have come to love it two over the eight years we have been together. I love Steve Madden shoes also!