Friday, November 6, 2009

A trip up the Canyon

A few weeks ago Lance and drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon to see the leaves.

It was beautiful! We drove up Gaurdsman's Pass where there was SNOW! I was not ready for that. This picture is at the very top.On the way down we stopped to take some more pictures and went across this little bridge. As we did, my Cookie Lee earring fell out and in between the slats. Really, what are the odds of that? It couldn't just land ON the bridge?!We were able to see it in the water, but it was way too deep to reach in get...So my Knight in Shining Armor went under the bridge with a stick to get it out. For regular folk this might not seem like a big deal, but well, Lance is TERRIFIED of earrings. Don't ask, I don't get it either, but he is. He won't pick them up for me, he can't stand it when I leave them on the bathroom counter and he definitely cannot watch me put them in or take them out. Unfortunately, he was unsucessful in pulling it out of the water (I think ultimately the thought of it grossed him out too much).So I took a try...And was able to fish it out! You may not be able to see it, but it's on the end of that stick...with some moss.
The whole thing was just really funny! I came home and soaked the earring in alcohol for a couple of days, but still haven't been able to wear it. Stream water is clean, right?!

1 comment:

Mindy R said...

I have never heard of anyone being afraid of earrings! What a great guy to attempt to retrieve your earring though. I'm sure the water was "clean"!