Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Oktoberfest

So last weekend we were at my dad's watching the Utah game when Sheila, Lance and I got to talking about Oktoberfest. Kenzie was in the room and saying it was dumb that it took place in August and September, but was called Oktoberfest. She thought it should be called Septemberfest. I told her it was called that not because of when it was, but rather because it was something that was established in Germany. Before I could finish Lance said "yeah, and it's already October in Germany." She looked very confused, yet astonished and then said shaking her head, "whoa, that's weird". It was absolutely hilarious because kids are just so cute and just don't know any better. However, we figured we better not let her go to school and tell kids that Germany was a month ahead of us so we told her the truth...boy was she mad :)

No comments: